The UK government has announced radical measures to protect renters and landlords affected by the covid-19 situation.
From tenants perspective:
• Emergency legislation to suspend new evictions from social or private rented accommodation while this national emergency is taking place.
• No further possession proceedings through applications to the court to start during the crisis.
From Landlords perspective:
• If the tenant is in financial difficulty, as a landlord, it only makes sense to work with tenant on possible options.
• We secure a written application for rent arrears from the tenant with details that show that they are in financial difficulties. You will need to know the circumstances if you need to contact your lender to discuss mortgage payment holiday. [Enter your details in the contact box at the bottom of the page if you would like to know more]
• We ensure that tenant understands that any rent arrears will need to be paid back in full at an agreed time in the future
• We provide the tenant with all the information about all the financial support options that the government is arranging by providing a regular newsletter by email [Enter your details if you would like to know more]
It is an unprecedented situation for all of us. Importantly stay safe and stay healthy. The UK government have taken quite a few steps to help businesses, tenants and landlords. The current COVID-19 situation is not permanent. The UK Property Market is resilient and will spring back in due course.
What we’re facing is daunting, but I am heartened by the moments of triumph in everyday acts of courage, humanity and love. Although these are trying times for us all, I remain optimistic that our world will thrive once again.